Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[55 / 4 / 41]

Just got back from my first ever AEW show and I'm on cloud nine. I wanted to share my thoughts.

No.5791510 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I am on such a high right now. I have been to WWE shows before, but never AEW and never anything as fun as this. One of the biggest differences I noticed between WWE tapings and tonight's AEW taping - and maybe it's merely a byproduct of the pandemic starving the West Coast of AEW for so long - but it felt like a real community experience. Everyone was engaging with one another, strangers talking and discussing their favourite storylines, favourite wrestlers. It had a really laid back, fun atmosphere. I was sitting on the floor and our entire section was very vocal, very loud and had several fun interactions with the wrestlers - particularly the heels. MJF and Ricky Starks were the most vocal with the audience. At one point, a member of our floor section started conversing with Ricky, telling him "you can do anything you set your mind to. We believe in you" and Ricky seemed really appreciative of that - inspired even. MJF was less inspired by the fans in our section and was shouting obscenties through the cage.

Merchandise selection was sparse. Aside from Las Vegas branded AEW merch, they only had Adam Cole, Blackpool Combat Club, CM Punk and Danhausen shirts. Very disappointing.

We got the usual Tony Khan pre and post-speech and he seemed very emotional about the return to Vegas. He said he wants Las Vegas to be the permanent home of Double or Nothing.

One small thing I love about AEW: I overheard several conversations about the cage match and Wardlow/MJF before the show started - with people saying things like "isn't MJF the best?", "MJF is a generational heel" and "MJF is so damn good" and then as soon as he came out, everyone played along and booed him. Even a girl who claimed she was there solely to see MJF was booing him! I love that everyone loves MJF - and because of that, we boo him. Myself included.