Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[27 / 5 / 20]

It's shocking to me how hard Tony dropped the ball with this guy

No.5950490 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
First off, I've never watched AEW apart from some webms posted here and I am surprised as to how great Cody Rhodes is. There is no irony in my post, this isn't even a meme thread about Cody being the GOAT. At this point it's not even a meme and I shoot think he's the best of this generation.

How do you fail with this guy? How do AEW fans boo him relentlessly and throw his belt back at him while cheering over a 40 year old CM Punk becoming champion?
It just shocks me. From the moment Cody debuted at mania he looked like a star. Every match was banger after banger. This recent match at HIAC was a man literally risking his career to gain the fans respect and he fucking did that. This man genuinely looks like a star and it's impressive how he comes in and makes Roman Reigns look irrelevant. A star from AEW comes in and makes the face of WWE for the past 7 years look like a midcarder. Nobody is there to see Roman anymore, they want to see Cody.

This is who Tony Khan let go. This is who the AEW fans boo. A man who looks, acts and performs like a star. He refused to pay him. All so he can pay the countless washed up indie lifers who never drew a dime. It's no wonder AEWs ratings are where they are. Tony Khan didn't want to become the big leagues like Cody did and now it's over.

Long story short, Cody gained the respect of Vince and the casual audience. The only two audiences that matter in this buisness.