Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 4 / 15]

Union

No.6208278 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Gentlemen and …let’s be honest… just gentlemen of /pw/, it’s time to look at the state of the wrestling biz halfway through 2022. As WWE heats up some leftovers for Summer Slam, AEW limps their way through injury, NJPW recklessly heads into a bloated G1 and Impact does whatever Impact does… we ask ourselves the question: why does everything suck?

>WWE
Awash in scandal the machine chugs ahead with the only thing Vince repeating past glories. Lesnar vs Roman is sure to underwhelm again, Cena is trotted out for another midcard nothing feud and generations of new stars are told to eat shit. When the back door dealings of the company’s chairman are more exciting than the product you know it’s WWE at its… well… it’s usual.

>AEW
Half the roster is injured and Tony is happily pimping his newest WWE castoffs. The good news is with so many overpushed shitters injured maybe he’ll have to book the remaining talent well? At least we’ve got Christian to carry one storyline and Claudio is a welcome addition, especially in comparison to Atom Smol, and useless trash like Rudy Soho.

They really looked tragic next to NJPW talent. Tanahashi could have been an interesting interim champ but no… Mox. Okada could have shined up Adam Page but no… Cole.

>NJPW
Typically the strongest performer but goddamn are they running on fumes. All that time spent building Ibushi and now he might not ever return? Shingo seemingly pushed back into the midcard after reigniting the stone cold HW scene after Evil’s abortion. Bullet Club is as stale as Makabe’s jockstrap and the G1 is going to be built around their civil war? Could have offered an olive branch to other Japanese feds, got some fresh talent in the G1 but I guess Chase Owens needs a payday too.

>Impact
Somebody else want to chime in? I have no clue what Impact does. Moose? Or that bald guy with the ear guards… is he like a Kurt Angle ripoff?

I expect nobody will read it and I’m glad.