Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 4 / 12]

After last night, i'm ready to call Jericho the actual GOAT

No.6773956 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I can't speak for everyone, but when Jericho was first announced for AEW, I thought it was a solid pickup that would give some legitimacy and mainstream appeal to the new brand. But I wasn't keen on making him a centerpiece of the show, given the whole Aging Former WWE guy meme.

I was so wrong.

He has easily been one of the best parts of AEW for pretty much it's entire tenure and not done it at the expense of any young talent. If anything, he's used his position to put over as many people as he can. Solidified the Inner Circle who are all still main players, has an All-Time rivalry with Mox, put over MJF huge, and is now currently doing wonders for the JAS (specifically Garcia and Anna). Plus I'm sure way more goes on backstage that I'm not privy to.

He had been everywhere and done everything before he even stepped foot into AEW. Canada, Mexico, Japan, Technical matches, Spotfests, Deathmatches. He's literally wrestled like every possible match. There's really nothing he hadn't seen. There's no reason for him to continue to go this hard at this age for any reason other than he loves it. He could have easily stepped off the gas, took a more backstage position, and rested on being one of the best of all time.

Then last night, completely out of nowhere, he shows up somehow looking 20 years younger, and puts on a warring, highly-technical match against Mox at almost 52 years old.

FIFTY-TWO! For reference, HHH is currently 53 and Goldberg is 55, and think about the last matches you saw from those guys.

I think when you really look at it, nobody has that perfect combination of all the skills and talent that Jericho does combined with the longevity he's been able to produce at. Not Rock, not Austin, not Shawn, not Bret, definitely not Hogan. I think they each may have certain qualities that they do better than Jericho, but at the end of the day, I really do think Jericho is the greatest wrestler of all-time.