Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 3 / 18]

Meltzer made an extremely false claim today regarding Hangman/Punk

No.7175200 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I’ll just preface this by saying that Punk was an unprofessional dickhead during that press conference and deserved a confrontation afterwards.

This isn’t a thread to defend Punk at all, but I feel like it’s a little ridiculous for Meltzer to make this claim especially during a time when he’s reporting on something that he could easily be accused of being biased for considering his relationship with the elite.

While discussing the situation today Meltzer made the claim that some ppvs headlined by Hangman had outdrawn some headlined by Punk.

This isn’t true at all.

Before Punk showed up AEWs biggest butyrate was 135k for the Omega/Mox death match. Hangman faced Matt Hardy on this ppv

Their second highest ppv buyrate prior to that was 115k for double or nothing. Hangman faced Brian Cage on this ppv.

Their highest buyrate to date was 205k which was Punks first ppv. Hangman wasn’t on this ppv. This shows main event was Omega vs Christian. Punk wasn’t the main event for this, but he was definitely the “headliner” and the draw for this show.

The next ppv did 145k with Omega/Hangman for the title in the main event and Punk vs Eddie on the undercard. The culmination of
Hangmans journey was definitely the headliner for this main event

The next ppv did 165k for Hangman/Cole in the main event, but I think it would be revisionist history to say that Punk/MJF wasn’t the main draw for this show

The next ppv was headlined by Hangman vs Punk and did 155k, so that’s a wash since they were both in the main event.

I’m not seeing where Hangman outdrew Punk on ppv as the headliner anywhere, so what in the world was Meltzer talking about?

Hangman had one ppv where he was the headliner (minus the ppv where he faced Punk)

Punk had two ppvs where he was the main attraction and “headliner” and both of those shows outdrew Hangman’s one ppv where Hangman was clearly the main draw