Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 9 / 9]

[Interview] Mutoh reveals the reason for his retirement

No.7218981 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Wrestling is a marathon without a finish line. He had been on the mend for a while after undergoing joint replacements in both knees in 2018, and won Pro Wrestling NOAH's GHC heavyweight title in February of last year. However, he later developed hip pain and his doctor told him that he would be in a wheelchair if he continued to suffer from hip pain, which led him to make the decision. But there is no sense of doom and gloom. For the 59-year-old, who is looking ahead, the road to retirement, which ends on February 21 next year, is a new motivation. He aims to bring the curtain down on his career in a way that no one else can.

>Professional wrestler Keiji Mutoh does not try to fit into the framework of common sense at any time.

>Such was the case on June 12, when he announced that he had an "important announcement". Since the beginning of this year, he has been absent from the ring more and more often, and he also confessed to having hip pain. There were whispers that he might finally announce his retirement.

>In the past, when a wrestler reports his retirement, it is usually accompanied by "tight clothes," "heavy air," and tears, but Muto came to the ring in a jersey, posed in his Puroresu LOVE pose, and worked the ropes. Just as the fans were relieved, Muto grabbed the microphone and cheerfully announced his retirement, taking a three-count from the fans.

>He made them think he wasn't retiring, but then he retired. Mutoh laughed when he pointed out that he was going to retire.

>"I don't like to make announcements with a gloomy face," he said. "It's in my nature to enter the ring in good spirits, do some rope work, and betray the fans (who are expecting my retirement) as a camouflage."

>Surprises are his specialty, betraying the fans in a good way. It's beyond the norm.

>"I said I was going to retire, but maybe not." Even in the interview, he was smiling behind his eyes, as if he was enjoying a game.