Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 4 / 20]

Which wrestler did WWE drop the ball with the most?

No.7269510 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
WWE is known for some major screw ups and dropping the ball on wrestlers, writers or storylines in its long history.
Who would you say was the biggest wrestler the WWE drop the ball on?
I would have to go with CM Punk. CM Punk was without argument, the greatest wrestler on the planet during the late 2000's/early 2010's era.
Even back before Punk's debut with the WWE, fans worldwide were salivating to see the ROH star make his WWE debut. Immediately after debuting, Punk had outclassed the rest of the WWE stars in that period and what does WWE do? They stick him in the rapidly faltering "ECW" brand, instead of immediately thrusting him to the top of RAW. Punk works his ass off, making ECW watchable and due to the fans, the WWE was FORCED to put him into some top tier programs. But every step they took forwards, they took 10 back! I remember Punk constantly getting misused and a running theme was stifling Punk's momentum everytime he was building one.
Punk could have been, right now, a bonafide WWE legend on the levels of Hogan, Rock and Bruno Sammartino, but whenever it was backstage politics or just pure incompetence, WWE wasted all of his potential and talent.
I think it is clear that Punk is the wrestler that the WWE dropped the ball with the most over its years.