Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 5 / 21]

No.7380288 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm starting to understand why some people are annoyed with so called "workrate marks".

It's frustrating how westoid are so limited in the type of pro-wrestling they enjoy and only seem to mark out over "big offense" sprints or high paced junior style matches.

I saw some brainless idiots seriously debating if Kazuchika Okada could be considered an all-timer because "his matches take too long to build". Or that everything before the Rainmaker pose is filler. The quiet slow burn opener is integral in getting the audience to maximum voltage for the finishing stretch. Complaining about it and saying its filler is like saying you should just skip the establishing part of a film and go to the middle because that's usually where "the consequential stuff" happens.

They are people who only want "action" all the time and have a narrow frame of reference for enjoyment.

Another example is the SANADA-ZSJ series, which is well-known in Japan but rarely discussed overseas. It's too subtle and relatively minimalist a style for workrate marks who only enjoy excess to appreciate.

I wish people could broaden their perspective more and properly enjoy different types of wrestling.