Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / 1]

Vince McMahon’s Arch-Nemesis Wanted 6-Month MMA Training Before Dream Match With Brock Lesnar

No.9307559 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
WWE provides no less than a fairytale career for many wrestlers. But this is not the case for all. There are many such names who actually ended their career, struggling to step up to stardom. Still, they managed to remain a popular name in the wrestling universe even years after their retirement. Ryback is one of them who was on the verge of being a huge face of the company, but destiny played out differently. The big guy who failed to come out that ‘big’ at all has often been compared to the likes of Brock Lesnar and Goldberg.

WWE Universe widely hails The Beast Incarnate as one of the toughest guys in the business. But it seems like the notorious beast persona failed to have an intimidating effect on Ryback.

While it seemed like someone like Brock Lesnar would easily fend off Ryback, he believed in his ability. Hence, he requested Vince McMahon several times for a dream match against Brock Lesnar.

During a previous interview with Busted Open Radio, Ryback revealed how he did all he could to convince McMahon of his idea. The former intercontinental champion noted, ‘you have to build me up properly.’ And I go, ‘this pay-per-view, it will break all-time records if you build this match up properly.’ And I asked him, I go, ‘you need to let me go away for six months’ and I go, ‘I live in Las Vegas.

He added, “MMA is hugely, insanely popular. It’s pretty much the breeding ground here in Las Vegas of MMA.’ I said, ‘let me go join a fight camp full-time for six months. We will make it look like I’m about to go out and do a real fight. I come back to WWE though, challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.’

While it’s not clear why McMahon opposed his plan, Ryback believed, ‘Maybe he didn’t want me to go away for six months or whatnot. I don’t know.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/wwe-news-vince-mcmahons-arch-nemesis-wanted-six-month-mma-training-before-dream-match-with-brock-lesnar/