Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[73 / 14 / 47]

[Sad News] Dave Meltzer confirmed xenophobic, racist, and worst of all, sexist

No.9734956 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
On Mercedes Mones match at Sakura Genesis

>The one thing that I thought about this match was that it was really clear, like, Mercedes has presence. And more presence, probably than the other two, but they are much better wrestlers than she is and I didn't expect that. I mean, it was like really clear that they were faster, they were crisper, they were more athletic. And she, like, by US standards, you would think that she be at that level. To me, this match really showed the difference between Japanese women wrestlers and American women wrestlers, because Mercedes is maybe the best of the Americans, if not in that ballpark. And AZM, Hazuki... They're just better wrestlers. She was a step slower than them.

On the performance of all women involved in that match, in general
>The other thing, like watching it, it kind of reminded me like, years ago, when I went to Japan... If you would go... A lot of the time, the All Japan women would work on men shows. And this was the era of Manami Toyota and Aja Kong and Bull Nakano and... You know... Akira Hokuto... That level of competitor- Yamada... I mean, just, probably the best women wrestlers of any era all together, I would say. And they would BLOW AWAY the men. Like, you would watch you just go "They are so much better than the men", and here... The thing to me that is so clear is I'm watching them, and they had a good match... And then, just watching, whether it was Zack or Umino, or especially Hiromu and Robbie Eagles, you know, forget about Okada and SANADA, it's totally a different league anyway... But it's just like... The men were much better than the women on this show. The women could not outdo them at all