Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!0H0qzjbv4.
[745 / 38 / 139]

Kobolt Klan Adoption 3

!0H0qzjbv4. ID:4gR4yKPt No.5184655 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
------
Recap:
You adopted a klan of kobolts, and were cursed with turning into a dragon. You managed to recruit a muscular female plague doctor to help keep your insides inside. Recently, your curse has started talking to you, and your transformation is being rather persistent. Especially mentally.
More pertinant recap:
You just saved a girl from a man-eating ogre, though not before she lost a leg, and then you had a very serious talk with your doctor and then your smartest kobolt about it. Now, you’re planning on going to an expedition into mushroom territory, to pay for the new helmet you need.
—---------------------
You decide to see about visiting Oldfield, to at least see what the situation is…. As soon as you stop Collar from eating more books.
You all but rush downstairs, and when you get downstairs, it doesn’t take long before you find Collar… Eating a book that has been offered by somebody sitting next to her. She seems to have gathered a bit of a crowd, and not just
“Collar!” you yell out, turning all attention to you. People seem to flinch at the sight of you, but when Collar smiles and yells out: “Dragon!” people seem to be more willing to trust you.

A kobolt is more popular than you, looks-wise.
Maybe you should take a bath. Or shave. Anything.
“Collar. Are you teaching children to literally eat books?”
You look at the four or so children that are looking up at you and the kobolt with big eyes and amazed faces.
“Yeah!” Collar replies, before taking another bite of the book she was handed. It’s a softcover book, at least.
“Stop doing that, you’re the only one that’s able to do that. In fact, I’m not even entirely convinced you can. What are you even eating?”
“Book on…”
She takes a moment to read the cover for a moment… then rips it off and eats that.
“Ah! On metallurgy!”
“Really. Are you… learning things?”
“Ya-huh! Did you know you only need a very small core of gold to make enchantments possible? People used to think the edge had to be golden, but it turns out it spreads all along the blade, with the exception of wood. Wood is a really good absorbent material when it comes to enchanted blades, because-”
“Okay, okay… I’m convinced.”
“GREAT!” Collar yells, before taking another big bite out of the book.

You look to the man that gave her the book, and he just shrugs:
“I had two of these books. Now I got one and some amusement.”
The children keep listening closely to the information about smithing your kobolt is saying.
…How does she do that?

Well, at any rate:
“Alright, I’m going to make a visit to somebody, we’re going on a little expedition… if I like what’s being sold, anyway. Could you gather everybody?”
It doen’t take long, as most of them just kind of came towards you while you were talking to Collar. They were kind of hidden around the room, it seems.
People seem surprisingly accepting of them, besides.