Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!Dfn1WI/0wvw
[686 / 107 / 96]

West Blue Seadogs Quest #17

!!Dfn1WI/0wvw ID:uwLPhUr8 No.5214807 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Wealth, fame, power. Gold Roger the king of the pirates obtained this and everything else the world had to offer. And his dying words drove countless souls to the seas.
"You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you just have to find it!"
The words of the late Pirate King ring in your ear. Something about them speaks to you. Yes. Find it.

"Hmmmmm. How much do you know exactly?"

"Not much I'm afraid. I've read the poneglyph at Fish-man Island. I thought it'd contain some key information regarding the true history of the world. But it read more like a letter of apology. And it was signed by someone named Joy Boy. But I also found that same name written on another poneglyph as well. So he must be an immensely important figure. I was hoping you'd know more."

You sit back in your chair and start pondering.
"King Neptune told me some stuff. But it's mostly not about this fella. And I promised I wouldn't tell it to anyone, because it would endanger someone dear to me. So no, sorry. Can't tell you."

"I see..."
She seems disappointed.

"But. If you say, showed me you're willing to risk your life for it. I may consider. Pick anyone on my crew. If you beat them I'll tell you!"

Your mates fall silent and stare at Devil Child. Her friends meanwhile are freaking out. The racoon and the long nose are desperately hugging each other while crying "Robin" and the curly eyebrow chef looks like he's about to lunge at you for even daring to suggest that Nico Robin should endanger herself. Even the swordsman seems ready to take her place as the challanger. But thankfully the archeologist is more sensible than they are.

"No."
She shakes her head.
"I see that this is a serious matter for you. So I won't press. I'm sure once I read the rest of the stones I'll gain all the context I need anyway. But thank you for giving me the offer."

"Sorry. I wish I could help. But I'm gonna keep my friends safe above all else."

Things calm down a bit after that. Good food and strong drinks tend to lighten the mood considerably. Most of the Straw Hats gorge themself into stupor. The only ones not content are Gu and Sanji, the two chefs as they are constantly butting heads regarding their cooking methods. You decide to ignore that because they use words you can't make sense of like sauté and filet. Pretty much the only words you can recognize in their conversation are "donkey" and "muppet". As they are arguing however the Straw Hats navigator, the orange haired girl who drinks like a fish scoots up to you and wraps her arms around yours (the fleshy one). She pulls herself close until her breasts are pushing against your shoulder.
"Say... you're a big and strong captain right? And someone so very smart like you probably knows a lot about the New World."