Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!h15+BsQodN2
[30 / 6 / 9]

With Great Power Quest Catch-Up Thread

!!h15+BsQodN2 ID:ppXR5u5W No.5218551 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi guys this is a promised With Great Power catch up and meta thread

The quest has gotten pretty long and is pretty dense so a thread like this is intended as a way to catch up on the plot points and character relationships, as well as an answer questions and give some meta information and what not.

But mostly, firstly, I need to apologize for the drop off in quest activity. I've been disappearing sometimes mid thread and I don't always have a good excuse. It's been a rough year and its been getting harder to keep my concentration on any given task. I'm going to try and buckle down over the next couple of months as we move into the 'mid-game'. I appreciate the patience of anyone who has stuck with the game and understand why others have dropped off.

A player mentioned it might be a good idea to put up a thread like this as much to put a bunch of information in one place for players to refer to.

Let's start with our MC and cast:

Eric Miller/Hotspur - born in Indiana, currently living and operating in Chicago. 16 years old. Lost his mom to cancer over a year ago. Lives with his dad, Joe Miller, and his dad's new girlfried Carmen in Chicago's west side, on the second floor of a three floor rental in a poor neighborhood. He attends a selective school on Chicago's north side.

Became a superhero after the 'Chicago Explosion' gave him super abilities.

Powers: Eric trains in boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He has the ability to heighten his physical abilities through tapping into a 'fire' inside him, as well as defy the laws of physics. He can scale a tall building by running up its side and punch through solid concrete and leap to incredible heights, as well as having a boosted but minor healing factor. He also has a supernatural ability he can tap into with great effort to read people's auras and the aura of environments. He is plagued with strange dreams of exotic, alien landscapes and the memories and thoughts of someone else. Someone not from Earth.

Side-effects: Using his powers leaves a white afterglow on anything he touches. Excessively using his powers burns through his energy leaving him in a state of intense and unnatural hunger.

Relationships:

Joe Miller - Eric has a good relationship with his dad, who struggles with alcoholism after becoming a widower. There's some small friction between them over his dad's new relationship with Eric's English teacher Carmen and Eric's super hero activity. Joe is a construction worker living paycheck to paycheck.

Miranda Miller - Eric's mom, who passed away from cancer before the start of the quest. Her death has left a heavy weight on Eric's shoulders. Miranda and Joe met at college, where Joe dropped out after struggling with classes. Miranda was pursuing a PhD in astrophysics before dropping it after falling pregnant with Eric. She had started pursuing it again before her cancer diagnosis. The Millers moved to Chicago for her cancer treatments, which has left them with a large medical debt.