Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!0H0qzjbv4.
[325 / 22 / 49]

Kobolt Klan Adoption 7

!0H0qzjbv4. ID:9hy2zxgC No.5377769 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Welcome back. It's been a hot minute, but I just couldn't find the time to just sit down and make the update. Anyway:
------------------------------------------------------
Archive of previous thread:
https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2022/5333328/

Recap:
Paracelsus drank the magical jungle juice and grew long spines along her back.
You discovered some of the consequences from Ogg transforming people into big burly things with superiority complexes, meaning people that turned into almost completely draconic humanoids that like to call themselves the "dragonborn". They were slaughtering a city, which you put a stop to. The Grey Knight has decided to ride ahead, and you've equipped your kobolts with a hell of a lot of guns.
William completed his kobolt transformation and took it rather harshly, and you're trying to get him to accept it a bit more.
-----------------------------------------------------

You look at William for a while, trying to think of the right words for it… It doesn’t come easy. But you think you have a place to start, at the very least.
“Well… from where I’m sitting, I think I still see my squire sitting there. Breathing and talking. Generally speaking, that means they’re not dead.”
William almost laughs, and just says:
“You know what I mean.”
“Well. I do. Really, I do get it. I didn’t think I’d ever be the same person after some of the things I’d done. And you know what? I was right. I did change. As we all do. You haven’t been the uppity farmboy that left his house for adventure for a long while now. We all change, William. All the time. Right now, I suppose your skin is a bit different.”
He snorts.
“Scales, you mean.”
“Close enough. Point is: you’re still you. A bit more of a kobolt, sure, but still William. And if you want to keep living, keep being William, I’m going to have to ask you to keep on moving. You’re not dead. Just different. Thinking about the what-was, or what could have been… I’ve seen that kill people.”

William blinks, slowly, and turns to you, slowly.
“You’re still yourself, at the core. I’d say your worries about that are more than telling. All the same… everything remains your choice. If you want to remain my squire, I’d be very happy to have you. If you want to be something else… feel free.”
William still seems uncertain… And there is something akin to a sad smile.

“Suppose… there isn’t much lost if the old William’s gone, right?”
“You’re your own person, William. Mistakes and all. We’re all moral being… imperfectly living in a world that’s broken… hell. If I understood anything from the journey underground? A world that has been broken many, many times. A world that’s been… patched up again. Just like all of us.”
You give him a smile. It’s a thought that keeps you going too, sometimes.