Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!mceqYMwptbm
[186 / 1 / 35]

Claymore: Second Swords Quest #74

!!mceqYMwptbm ID:ISVnvdcF No.5508529 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You are Noel Tiberius di Hazaran, queen of the nation whose name you share and a powerful warrior who carries the blood of monsters, in more ways than one.

The fate of that nation, as well as the many others in the world you know, may well hinge on what you do today on the open field of battle. By the traditional rules among your kind you cannot, and will not, take the life of a human being no matter how viciously they attack you and the people you’ve sworn yourself to protect. But that hardly means you’re helpless against human enemies.

Just during this last counteroffensive you’ve opened a wide passage along the enemy line’s flank for your own Hazari troops to exploit, disabling enemy armored vehicles and pushing them through the mud as mobile shields against enemy fire. Any in your way were swept aside or fled their posts, until you reached a well-defended hill over which the enemy’s lines ran. It’s this hill which you now seek to take, in order to use it as the central pivot point in your continued efforts.

“Mortars!” you roar over the din of ongoing battle, as your fellow ‘silver-eyed slayers’ lead the Hazaris in clearing out the defensive positions on and just below the hill’s slopes. “Take up positions on this side of the slope, prepare to fire over the hilltops!”

Then you wave over an officer to whom you issue your orders. “Form a forward spotting team and a team of runners. I want infantry to come around behind this hill while the mortars fire on the next stretch of the line.”

“Ma’am!” the officer acknowledges the order. “How far should I have my men try to press?”

“Secure the base of this hill as your first objective,” you order. “From there I leave it to the discretion of frontline commanders - but don’t stray out of range of the cover fire from the mortars, and you should avoid being caught out in the open.”

“The terrain is open on the far side?”

“Aside from the trenches and other dug-in firing positions yes.”

“Then that suggests caution,” the officer agrees.

>Help secure the hilltop and join the artillery observers at the summit.
>You have several vehicles lying around - scavenge their guns and ammunition.
>You and your comrades make excellent shock troops - continue in that role.
>Other?