Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!mceqYMwptbm
[214 / 3 / 29]

Shinobi Sidestory Quest #48

!!mceqYMwptbm ID:2+s2BwOq No.5638492 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You are a shadow clone of Uzumaki Naori, who was left behind by the original in the kingdom of Rōran to watch over its royal family from the shadows. Though you had come to think of them as being like your own family, you could hardly ignore the original’s son - with Ryūzetsu of all people - when he arrived unexpectedly in your own time.

He and his little friend have been handling it well so far, you think. It’s not an easy thing to adjust to the complicated reality of… you’re not sure you want to call it “time travel” with all its subtle implications, so you’ve always thought of it more as “temporal displacement”. It takes careful thought to avoid some of the pitfalls, and you have experience with that. In your case, it’s been a matter of changing only the things you want to change, that you felt from the beginning <span class="mu-i">should</span> be changed. So when you consider that Shiki-kun’s goal is to <span class="mu-i">prevent</span> a change that even you realize would be catastrophic, you’d say he’s doing a reasonably good job so far.

But there’s a catch - both you and your future son are rather good at grabbing attention without meaning to. In both your cases, you’ve had to hide your eyes. Your own eyes would give away the fact that you’re actually an older and more mature version of someone that many of the younger shinobi and the more well-informed jōnin of this village would know. In Shiki-kun’s case, he has his other mother’s eyes - an outward manifestation of an extremely rare kekkei genkai. If word that he was spotted with them got back to Kusagakure, you’re positive that the Ryūzetsu of this time would at <span class="mu-i">least</span> start to suspect something.

“Arara?” you force a tone upon returning to the counter. “Shiki-kun, would you please introduce me to our new company?”

After a moment, your son answers. “This is Naruto-kun’s teacher, Kakashi-san. I’m afraid I didn’t get a surname?”

“Hatake Kakashi,” Kakashi stands to introduce himself politely. “I’m a jōnin-sensei here in Konohagakure… in <span class="mu-i">theory</span> I’m responsible for Naruto-kun here. I hope he hasn’t been trouble for you?”

“Not at all,” you reply calmly, offering a slight bow. “He, and your village, have been very hospitable despite what I understand to be the awkward time of our unannounced arrival.”

“These things happen,” Kakashi-san shrugs, returning to his seat. You can hear him settle in, so you do the same. “When your nephew mentioned what you did I admit I was curious to meet you. I didn’t realize you were a goze. May I ask where you were trained?”

“I am self-trained,” you reply, “though my formal recognition is in the kingdom of Rōran.”
>1/2