Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!mceqYMwptbm
[240 / 2 / 44]

Shinobi Sidestory Quest #50

!!mceqYMwptbm ID:4OSPOlh2 No.5707986 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You are Izuno Wasabi, current heiress to the historically unremarkable Izuno shinobi clan of Konoha village. Your clan’s been a part of the village ever since the early days, as your own research during your Academy days shown you - as occasional allies to the much more noteworthy Uzumaki clan your ancestors were among the first to be extended an offer to join the very first ‘hidden village’ of shinobi as it grew, an offer which they accepted despite having not traditionally been allies to the Senju or Uchiha whose alliance prompted the formation of the village in the first place.

The Izuno clan has an ‘ultimate technique’ that you are the first to learn in several decades - in fact far from perfecting that technique none of your recent ancestors have made the rank of chūnin until adulthood. Conventional wisdom within Konoha regarding your clan is that your chakra reserves tend to be mediocre, and your talent for the shinobi arts unremarkable.

“So… is he coming?” you ask Konohamaru-sensei, aware that your match with Boruto-kun is perhaps the best chance in fifty years your clan has had to change those assumptions. “He’s coming, right?”

Konohamaru-sensei has spent the last few minutes alternating between talking with the Hokage over his phone, watching the entrance to the arena, and checking his watch. He spares you a moment. “He’s supposed to be. But if he’s not here… you get promoted.”

“Just like that?” you protest. “Win or lose this was a chance to shut people up about my clan - so if Boruto-kun doesn’t show up, now I get to be that chūnin who only got promoted cause her opponent pulled a no-show? Cause that totally makes things better!”

“You worked hard to get here,” Konohamaru-sensei points out. “You were ready last time too for that matter - you just drew a really bad opponent.”

“Yeah, and my parents work hard too,” you counter. “But you know that, just like how you know hardly anybody gives them any credit for it.”

“I don’t care if anyone sees how strong I am - everyone whose opinion I give a crap about knows that already. But I can’t stand people treating my clan like we’re a joke.”

Konohamaru-sensei crosses his arms, but doesn’t immediately offer any sort of retort. “I see… it’s kind of like the opposite problem from what I had growing up, so I guess I can understand where you’re coming from. You know. In a way.”
>1/?