Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 5 / 18]

Buying Doubles or More.

No.10280420 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I started doing this roughly back in 2020 or so. Main reason at the time with the first figure was "Huh, this actually looks really cool in the package." so I ended up buying a second to keep sealed while the other which was already opened was used to mess around with. Every so often this would be my main excuse but slowly it has become almost something else.

I can't really pinpoint where it began but somewhere along the way I just developed this kind of adverse bad reaction to the thought of a figure breaking while in my possession and having no real way to fix or replace it. The same can also be said for figures from some companies with not quite 100% QC approved reactions from the community (I like NECA stuff but I am aware enough to try and take extra care with them).

Strangely this isn't something I do with every line that I collect (Thank fucking god) but it has become something that puts a bit of a damper on the whole experience. I guess a decent part of it comes down to the overall shit distribution in my country with limited available retailers while in some places like the States you seemingly can walk into almost any store or go on a hundred different websites and easily order a replacement if needed.

Personal woes aside, anyone else do this? Either for buying because the MISB looks nice, keeping a backup or some other reason then I'm curious to hear it.