Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 4 / 10]

No.10460194 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>be me
>start collecting basic bitch action figures through ebay as a kid (Europoor, no toys here), in order to get my favorite comic book characters in toy form
>get into lego and try my hand at brickfilms, abandon it because it's too time consuming
>drop collecting for a while
>come across 1/6th and figure the higher price point would help me be more selective about what I buy
>goes well at first
>pick and choose specific looks from the comics so I'm not buying every release of even the characters I like (notice how the most comic accurate looks always appear at the very last movie, so basically wait for an actor to announce they're done and buy the figure from that latest movie) and also buy some random classic cinema characters
>not a big Batfag or Avengersfag, so basically skipped most releases
>waited 10 years, didn't buy a single GotG figure (held out for DnA looks)
>ffw to now
>the stuff I'm actually a fan of is on the horizon (X-Men, FF, Green Lantern)
>but race changes are rampant so I'm getting into modding
>prices are climbing
>weekly announcements have me feeling like the action figure junkie I was ages ago
>write down a wishlist (specific teams, costumes, lots of things that will probably never happen from certain IPs)
>X-Men alone ends up in the 30K area
>InArt busts onto the scene with offerings that make HTs look like toys but at 600€ each
>debating whether I should continue my collections or dip out and hope that IA gets the Marvel/SW licenses in 5 years then revert to buying fewer characters
>realize it's more hassle than enjoyment but can't quit
What do I do now? When I started I wanted a Spider-Man, my favorite X-Men, Solid Snake, and so on. Now I'm writing down lists with 10-people set-ups in two time periods and wanting to buy the IA GoT/LoR figures just because their offerings are so good thus far. With how late it's all coming up how the Hell do I wait until 2030 for the X-Men to start?

This has become too complicated.