Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 4 / ?]

Forbes article on GSC's Aki Takanori

No.5935445 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/08/17/aki-takanori-of-good-smile-company-on-conquering-the-figure-market-with-cuteness-and-quality/#39d562c916a7

Was gonna post this on the figma thread but I think it'll be more appropriate if I make a separate thread for this since it also about Nendoroids and Static figures.

Some lines that piqued my interest:

>Bandai has content that we do not have, so they are able to create a lot of figures with their line.

I'm guessing one of those is the Sailor Moon line?

>My generation and even the younger generation that work here love Zelda. That is the main reason why we wanted to make figures from this title.

I think this answers >>5935203 and >>5935320 from the figma thread. hoping now for a figma Ganondorf!

>We here all love Nintendo game content and are huge fans.

Guess it means we will see more Nintendo characters being made into figures/figma/nendo in the future.

>We are good friends with Sentinel as well, so we will continue to work with them on mecha and science fiction titles but the titles are still a secret

I wonder what project is that?

>I am very much liking our Card Captor Sakura scale figure that we have recently announced

I guess Aki likes CCS. Now that Syaoran is being made into a figma/Nendo, is it too much to ask if Meiling will have the same treatment?