Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[44 / 6 / ?]

Question about ABCD

No.6243916 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello, /p/ fag here, I recently started getting into toy photography, mostly forced perspective with hot wheels and other mini cars ect. I post primarily on instagram and someone commented that I should join ACBA because they pioneered toy photography. I had only heard of them in passing up to that point, but that piqued my interest so I looked them up. From what I can tell, it seems like they mostly use pictures that people post on their page as a vehicle to sell stuff on their website IE stands, cut outs, ect. While they do have a lot of good photos posted to their page, none of them are exclusive to the page, I see a lot of the same photos posted to the instagram tags I follow.

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the hype about? I cant find anything about them that sets them apart from any other toy photography group, but they seem to have at least a small group of fanatical followers that will respond very defensively to anyone that questions the group (I asked this same question in a facebook group and got some very salty replies). Is it some kind of viral marketing, or am I just a dumb ass that's completely missing the point?