Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[27 / 6 / ?]

No.6930958 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Put on your tinfoil hats! I was about to comment in the SW thread about the lame characters selection of the Vintage Collection Wave 1 -rereleasing characters that have pegwarmed for two years, bland background characters, ect.

But that got me thinking. Why would they do that? Why offer such a lame assortment of characters, most of which we literally just got? Well, Rey and Kylo, I get that. Disney is trying to push the new mythos. They want clueless moms to buy what they see on the poster. I'm actually surprised that the first figure from the first wave wasn't another Finn. And while the previous figure is literally STILL pegwarming at WM, I suppose the Jyn mold is fresh.

Enter the conspiracy theory. What if Hasbro doesn't actually want to sell product? I should note that Hasbro already sold the product, to WM, to Target, ect. -this wave, the next, and the next, sight unseen. BUT what if Hasbro doesn't want this stuff to sell? If Hasbro offered a case assortment of characters that were actually popular, then that product would sell quickly, and Hasbro would have to invest in making more, marketing more, selling more to stores. But if the shelves at WM are filled with pegwarmers and also-rans for the next two years, Hasbro doesn't have to work quite so hard, and despite not doing anything new, they have a solid (albeit stale) presence at retail.