Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 1 / ?]

Progressive Mega-Corporations

No.7278079 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
“There were a lot of female workers at the toy factory and some of them were older. So, when they worked, they needed to wear reading glasses. They worked very carefully and quickly, but some of the time, the line leader would say they worked too slowly or would yell at them. Whenever the female workers were being yelled at, they would never say a word in return and would silently continue working on the task at hand.”

Simone Wasmann, from Solidar Suisse, urged toy companies to share some of their profits with workers.

“Children love Disney’s toys but we want their parents to understand that there’s no Christmas magic going on here: those toys were made with cheap labour by women working illegally long hours for pennies.

“For them, it is just day after day of misery. They don’t work in those factories long into the night because they want to: they do that because it is the only way they can make enough money to live.”

She said Disney could afford to pay higher prices to ensure wage increases. “It’s time the company gave something back to the people who make their merchandise by raising their wages, cutting their hours and making the factories obey the law [on overtime]. A few pennies on the price of a doll or a few pennies less in the company’s pockets would enable workers to earn a living wage.”

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/dec/06/revealed-disney-ariel-doll-earns-chinese-worker-1p

The Future is Female and it looks like a sweat shop! Thank you based Disney for putting women to work! Too bad you only pay a few pennies, but at least you can REP-RE-ZENT. You Go Gurl! Gurl Power!

We love our cheap plastic toys, don't we comrades! There's no better way to celebrate the terminal illness of late-stage capitalism than to buy lots and lots of corporate merchandise! Now I'm going to drink my $15 latte and play socially judicious video games on my Apple computer before a fresh round of protesting against capitalism!