Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 13 / ?]

Top toys of 2018

No.7319187 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
2018 has been over for a few days now, and most of the late import releases from it are starting to make their way to people, so I figure its time to do a Top toy thread. These were my own favorites(not necessarily what I think were the best)

!) Perfect Effect MegaDragon: My favorite figure this year, a nice reworking of TM2 Megatron. While I didn't like the dragon mode as much, the robot mode is stunning. Only real flaw is the backheaviness hampering the playability.

2)Hot toys Iron Man Mk6: HT has done .a billion Iron Man figures and they're always pretty solid, this is my favorite movieIM so naturally it earns a spot.

3)Sentinel Gravion:in all honesty I know nothing about Gravion, but this is such a cool design and figure.

4)BW MP Dinobot: this is a flawed figure, but one I love for what it represents to me. Plus I'm just glad to have two great Beast Wars figures this year.

5)Mezco Doctor strange: there might've been better Mezco figures this year, but this one stood out to me. Lots of personality here with the cape, and the design is close enough as to not be divisive.

6)Revoltech AY Carnage: immensely playable and cool.

7)SoC Dragon Caesar/Dragonzord: a it underwhelming i since the Legacy version was already a nice update; this is better but its not as huge step up. Mainly here for how nice the Battle mode looks.

8)NECA TMNT '91 movie: a great set thats arguably cheating because the original molds aren't from 2018. still, one of the best sets of figures

9)FansToys Quietus/Cyclonus:while one of the better figures here, it wasn't as exciting for me, still very much a good figure.

10)Marvel Legends Tiger stripe wolverine:Here mostly because of my own love for it, its not a fantastic figure on its own merit and there were better Marvel Legends this year, to say nothing of toys in general. But its my favorite Wolverine toy now, and like Dinobot that makes me overlook its flaws.