Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[39 / 8 / ?]

No.7372639 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A video I posted on YouTube a few weeks ago went viral and I checked the analytics and saw that it made like $150+ in the first two days, jumping another $30~ per day until it finally slowed down to around $5~$10 a day just before reaching $600.

So what do I do? I figure "Hey, this is a windfall of free money! I might as well treat myself! I know; I'll get some Lego sets because I've been a fan of Lego for over 30 years now and the past few years I wasn't able to buy them because money was tight."

So I managed to spend about $450 on Lego Star Wars sets via eBay. Today, I was about to bid on another and I thought, "I wonder how the video is doing? If it made over $10 today, I'll bid on this." So I go to check and suddenly my estimated funds are down from almost $600 to $400 -- W.T.F.!!

I am freaking out, panicking and trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Why would my estimated earnings on a video with 3.4M views and 0.48 CPM (that's about a dollar per 2000 views, I think) suddenly have 33% less money than it did 24 hours ago?? I check again, 15 minutes later, and it's down again! It keeps dropping and dropping. Last I looked it was like $317 before I got too depressed to watch it fall any lower.

I have no idea what's going on but it pretty much ruined my night.

tl;dr - I thought I had a windfall of almost $600 so I splurged $450 on Lego sets and now my supposed windfall is half of what I was told it was going to be.

Anybody else here ever goof up this badly with buying toys?