Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[67 / 8 / ?]

No.8037413 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So as it says in the title, my girlfriend broke up with me because she became less attracted to me. A large part of this was because of my action figure collection, which she refers to as "toys" and associated with childishness. She admitted that I approach it from a responsible and adult perspective, such as not spending so much that I can't afford other things and displaying them nicely in cases, etc., but she still couldn't get over that association. As a result, she felt like she was the "adult" in the relationship and she couldn't get past that.

Now I can see why from an outside perspective, that might appear that way, and I also anticipate that there will be a lot of, "if she couldn't get past that then it's her problem, not yours" from here on /toy/. But I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else has encountered this, or what your thoughts on it are?

It's not as though I'm about to pack all my figures up and sell them, but I'm also now wondering if there isn't some truth behind that were said.

Thoughts?