Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 4 / ?]

No.8439246 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I was thinking about this the other day, but do you guys remember just.. knowing the new toys were out?

Basically, all this hunting shit that's been happening for the past couple years got me thinking. When we were kids, going to look for Bionicles or Transformers or whatever, we just knew when shit would be on shelves, and we'd go to Toys R Us, or Walmart, or Target, etc and without fail every single time they'd be fully stocked. Very rarely did it happen where you would just not be able to find a figure because it's been delayed/came out early in like 1/3rd of the world/or whatever. You would walk in and they'd have like, at least 3 rows of shelves full of fucking Deluxe TF figures or Star Wars 3.75, etc.

This shit feels so fucking empty now, because even the basic released stuff is impossible to get ahold of. Back in the day there would maybe be like, a chase variant or like, 1 pretty rare figure out of a wave but other than that you would be able to get everybody from the wave with relative ease. I'm wasting twice the price of the toy on gas trying to drive around and look for it.

And what is with the frankly, batshit insane places that are being given exclusives? Sure, Walmart and Target aren't handling their exclusives very well, but who in god's name thought that Walgreens should be given exclusive toys?? What kind of sense does that make? It's a pharmacy! They make 7/11 exclusive Funko Pops. Imagine asking the poor fucking sap working the register at a 7/11 if they have a Funko Pop in stock, or if they can look in the back to see, or if they can see when it's coming. Imagine being either person in that scenario.

If I'm making any point at all here, it's that it feels like toys, at least, the good ones, are only being sold to us now.. it doesn't even feel like kids are buying them anymore. They're literally almost priced to where only an adult could purchase them. It just feels so empty. Does anyone else agree/relate?