Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[67 / 17 / ?]

No.8642879 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So after going 23 years without a Warrior bug I have acquired two in the space of a couple months. So for the hell of it (and for anyone who is considering grabbing either) here is a break down of pros and cons as I see them.
Also Starship Troopers toy general I guess.
Figma - Pros
>screen accurate (to the CGI films only)
>Poseable
>Good detail
>Comes with some soldier dudes which to murderize

Figma - Cons
>Cannot stand on its own without damaging the legs (serious warping of the leg tips)
>While it's nice, it is definitely not worth 110 USD. There is is not that much more plastic/paint/articulation than a regular Figma and only comes with two accessories
>You have to paint the soldier dudes yourself if you want them to be screen accurate or just not look like little arm men (again $110 USD)

Pop! - Pros
>Relatively accurate to the first film (I really miss the red abdomen markings on the Figma)
>Cheap
>Fun (I know this is more ephemeral but damn if I don't love playing around with this thing)

Pop! - Cons
>It's a Pop! Vinyl, so the more cartoony aesthetic is annoying if you're not into it it also doesn't fit with anything else aesthetic wise
>No articulation does limit the fun factor of posing it

All in all they both have their pros and cons, and I'm glad I have both, but neither really scratch that action figure itch of having a toy that looks accurate to the first film, can be posed, and isn't expensive. I'd love to compare them to the Galoob figures, but I don't have any.