Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 4 / ?]

Playmobil General: Where is the 2021 thread edition.

No.8662924 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I could swear there was a thread right here according to my maps...

Previous thread >>8639540 ?

>What is Playmobil
Stylized toys focusing on simple playability with lots of accesories. Range from History to fantasy, sci-fi and girly themes. Figures have 6poa.

>Where to buy
If you live in Europe, everywhere. If you live in the US, a number of online stores carry them.
The official playmobil.com online store is always worth checking and it should redirect you to your country's local branch (i.e. playmobil.us etcetera). In addition to the regular retail items they have other sets and a spare piece service.

>What scale are they
They are 7.5cm/3” tall. The scale of their accesories can be roughly 1/18 but it varies from 1/24 to 1/12 depending on which part of the body they are meant to interact with.

>Are they expensive
A figure with a full personal accesory set including the likes of a bike or a full set of tools typically costs around 4-5 euro/burger/bong/leafbucks. There are much bigger sets, and there are tons of sets to spend your money on, though. Pic related has an official price of 8€ in krautland.

>Are they released simultaneously worldwide
Playmobil has traditionally been released first in Central-Northern Europe, over a year earlier than the rest of the world, but it appears this model is being changed, especially with the release of licensed sets and media-backed themes.

>What sets are available
You can find links to the regular and online-only catalogues scrolling down on your country's official store. For example, for US:
Regular: https://www.playmobil.us/content/katalogviewer/KatalogViewer.html
Direct sale (add-ons): https://www.playmobil.us/content/katalogviewerds/KatalogViewerDS.html

>Can pieces be combined
Figures can easily be disassembled once you learn the move (check youtube) and kitbashed. Accesories and set pieces have limited modularity (generally don't count on it except for castle walls and the like).