Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 6 / ?]

Downsizing/re-evaluating a collection

No.8816512 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Not sure if this belongs in /tfg/ or deserves it's own thread, but I've been collecting Transformers since I was a child in the 2000s to 2017 (I lost interest due to the declining quality at the time with the titans return and Last Knight lines, combined with being busy with college). I currently have about 300 figures across pretty much every line from G1 to Titans Return, and I'm trying to figure out the future of my collection. I plan on selling off a large portion of it, but I'm not sure what to get rid of and what to keep.

I'm also debating on getting back into collecting now that I've graduated, but have no idea how to catch up with what I've missed over the past few years (if any anons have recommendations of the best figures that came out over the past few years that don't have insane aftermarket prices that'd be nice).

Essentially my plan is to limit each past toyline like Animated or Prime to just my favorites/sentimental ones and sell the rest, and for future collecting to just buy my favorite characters/ones to fill out my Classics/Generations collection, and just have the best version of each (ie one modern G1 style Cyclonus and not three different molds).

Has anyone else been in a similar situation where they got back into collecting or had a massive downsizing in their collection?