Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[41 / 13 / ?]

Voltron/Golion Toy Recommendations

No.8987543 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've always wanted a Voltron, but I'm very autistic about my toys. My priorities are as follows:

>No diecast.
>Must combine.
>Maximum articulation.
>Minimum partsforming (Lion limbs or Voltron combined parts count, Weapon removal is fine)
>Close Enough accuracy, stylized is fine.
>Ease of acquisition, cost is no problem.
>Completely indifferent to human pilots, but the inclusion is appreciated.
>Scale is not even an afterthought.
>Unlicensed/KOs are fine.

What would you suggest? Should I just wait for new stuff?

Considerations:
>Bandai Super Minipla Voltron
Okay that it's a small model kit, and it looks to have all the bells and whistles you could want, but having to remove the individual lion legs and tails is a huge detriment. That said, the outrageous articulation and the added ridiculous fuck you bazooka made of spare weapons for the hell of it put this firmly at my most wanted so far.
>Toynami Ultimate Voltron EX
Love the stylization, and is well articulated for its size, but the instability of the combined mode and joint looseness I've seen in reviews makes me very pensive about it relative to cost.
>Bandai Soul of Chogokin Beast King Voltron/Fantasy Jewel Toys BSW05
Like most Chogokins, look nice, but are expensive, have subpar articulation, and seem to suffer more than they gain from diescast
>ToyNami 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Voltron
Same as above, but even worse combined articulation
>Titan Power TP-01 King of Beasts
Love the look, but too many reviews point out the diecast in a bad way, which makes me not want to risk it.
>Playmates Voltron Legendary Defender/Classic Voltron
Would be my go-tos, but too much was sacrificed for the electronic gimmicks in both sets, so I can't justify getting them.
>Playmates Voltron Metal Defender
Same as above, but smaller and metal.
>Matty Collector Voltron
Impressively huge and has pilot integration, but the difficulty to get for the garbage articulation and QC issues puts this as the absolute no hoper