Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 1 / ?]

No.11716269 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Guess I'll give my thoughts on the demo.

Character selection system: inane as fuck. What happened to being asked a series of questions about who you are and what you're about? Instead, you choose the Pokemon "you look like". Yeah, like I'm not going to be dishonest and pick the Pokemon with the best stats.
Graphics/Music: I actually like this new art style, it suits Mystery Dungeon very well. Music is also fantastic, but that's expected for a Pokemon game.
Story: The intro drags on a bit, but the general story seems fine as of yet - you're a human who ends up in the Pokemon world, you befriend a different Pokemon, you go on adventures and shit, you ask a carpenter to build a house for you, you go through a dungeon to get gems to pay the carpenter, your gems get stolen by a Scraggy, nothing overly complicated, but it works.
Gameplay: The good news: much improved battle system. Holding L and choosing an attack with the face buttons is so much more convenient than selecting it from a menu. The bad: analog movement has some rough edges. Everything else is fine as of yet.

All in all, I had some fun with this demo. I put in a pre-order at GameStop earlier today and look forward to getting my copy Saturday. If Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion don't get too much in the way, this will certainly keep my interest. The pre-order bonus looks nice, at that.

Also, thank Arceus the save data from the demo carries over to the full game.