Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[50 / 2 / ?]

No.11732422 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ITT: Things people mix up in the games. For example:
>speed
People seem to think that the speed stat is like "GOTTA GO FAST" since they always complain that Dragonite is very slow even though it can circle the globe in 16 hours. But if you look at the Pokémon with high speed, you'll notice that they don't have high movement speed, but that speed seems to be related more to the reaction speed of a Pokémon.
For example, Alakazam can't run very fast (or doesn't seem able to), but his speed is one of the highest in the game. The same goes for Electrode, he's just a ball, but his speed was unrivaled in the first 2 gens. But the Pokémon who are specified to be really fast (Arcanine and Dragonite) usually get moves like Extremespeed or Aqua Jet but have average to low speed.
This is also on bulkier Pokémon, who might be able to go fast, but tend to be less nimble or duller (Aggron and Quagsire)

>dark types

Most people think that dark types edgy pokémon or are related to literal darkness. But when you look at their moves and the general design of dark types, you notice another pattern: dark types are assholes. Most dark types aren't even that "edgy" to begin with, but the characteristic that they all share is their using underhanded tactics to have an edge in the battle. You can see it from Zoroark's ability to fool others into thinking it's another Pokémon, to the general low nature of dark type moves. Some moves such as bite, sucker punch, thief and beat up, I'm surprised that the type wasn't named asshole or something (yes, censorship)
Also, I heard that the fighting type is also known as the hero type, which would explain why fighting is super effective against dark (villains are usually assholes)

That's all I could think off, feel free to agree or disagree. My arguments might not be clear enough, but I blame that to sleepiness