Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[189 / 11 / ?]

No.11827788 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sylveons typing discussion thread, lets go.

We know this much already:

It won't be the following types:
Fire, Water, Electric, Dark, Psychic, Grass, and Ice.

There is one theory that Sylveon will be dragon type to fulfill the idea that all of the current evolutions are moves that used to be special attacking moves in gens 1-3, which are the types listed above plus dragon. The theory of course concluding that Sylveon will be dragon type, this is also my current favorite theory but it is possible that it is incorrect and this is just a coincidence.

Another popular theory is that Sylveon is a Flying type. Indeed, it looks rather light and airy as if it could drift in the wind, and the "kites" on its body could suggest it uses them to travel through the air, however ridiculous that sounds to some.

Another popular theory I've seen is that Sylveon is a bug type, as some part of its name is translated to a bug that lives in forest.

The final theory I believe to really be plausible is that Sylveon could be a Normal type, and its evolution is corresponding with the "new bonding system" to be implemented, although I think this is just over speculation on the fan base.

And one more extra theory because why not, that Sylveon is a female only pokemon evolution of Eevee that is either Normal type or Flying type, and that a male only eeveelution will be revealed that is Normal type or Fighting type, depending on what type Sylveon is. I find this one highly unlikely considering the Sylveon special coming out featuring it with the other current eeveelutions.

Anyway, I hope we can discuss this in a calm civil manner (Hurr it's 4chan no way fag), and try not to shit post too much.