Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[242 / 28 / ?]

No.11860548 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
With all this talk about gay rights and gay marrriage in the media, it was only a matter of time before fans started to argue for the inclusion of homosexuality in pokemon. Although their intentions are good, supporters of gay rights are going a little to far by advocating the inclusion of gay pokemon or gay characters.

Now, before I say anything else, I'd like to state that I am in no way against gay rights. You wanna be gay? Go ahead, you can be as gay as you want. It doesn't effect me or anyone else in the slightest.

However, the line must be drawn at using pokemon as a vehicle to support a sociopolitical cause. It would not add anything important to the game, and would serve only to cause controversy and detract from sales.

The game is marketed to children. What parent against gay rights is going to allow their child to play a game that advocates homosexuality? If gay pokemon or characters are in the game, there is surely going to be media attention. This would hurt sales, and could influence whether or not a Gen 7/8/9/whatever is created. Remember, nothing lasts forever, not even pokemon. If the game is not a good buisness opportunity, Nintendo will not publish it.

Furthermore, it would be a distraction from the game. It would use an RPG marketed to children as a vehicile for political activism. It would be wasting time on developing the gay parts of the game when time could be spent doing other, more important, more relavent things.

The notion that homosexuality be included in pokemon in any way is just absolutely ridiculous.

pic unrelated