Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[25 / 3 / ?]

No.11887564 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I typed out this long response in /v/, and then the thread got deleted. So I'm gonna post it here. It's in response to the pic.

Not really. I've noticed coming into Pokémon threads that whenever someone tries to give legitimate criticism, they don't get constructive responses, just insults and the like.

There are plenty of great JRPGs that, whether or not they have a lot of grinding, bring fresh experiences to the table. You want to know more about the story, they bring new things to the table, and are generally engrossing. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Symphonia are all great games that pull the player in. Pokémon Red and Blue were interesting because the whole point was to beat the Elite 4 and become the best Pokémon trainer out there. Gold and Silver expanded upon much of the gameplay mechanics and junk, and so that was fine for the time.

But I feel like every new iteration of Pokémon is the same thing. You could argue that's because it's Pokémon, and so what better goal than to become the best trainer, but it's been done. I know I need to stop Team X from doing some bad thing, I know I have to beat 8 Gym Leaders along the way, and I know I'll end up fighting the Elite 4, and then the Champion. There's very little change that makes me excited to press on and see what else happens.

I guess the closest it came for me was in gen 3 when Kyogre and Groudon were awakened. You actually saw things change and stuff, even if it wasn't super significant.

You could also argue that this just isn't the series for me, and I accept that. These are just some of my complaints, and I hope you guys can kind of see it from my viewpoint.

Does anyone else see where I'm coming from?