Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[102 / 14 / ?]

No.11945626 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I just finished Gates of Infinity.

Not exactly underwhelmed, Story was still good. it was more lighthearted and more towards young children then it's previous. A few gripes here and there.

Primarily, The lack of hunger and gummies. Hunger is understandable, but it's what made most of the dungeons such a challenge. You had to stock well and survive on what you had. Gummies were just fun to collect and raising IQ felt more rewarding.

Paradise seems utterly pointless. While I love the amount of customization, by the time you inish the story, with little to no postgame, theres nothing to really get you to really finish your town. No more bosses unless you wireless with somebody else.

I guess what I'm saying is, While still fun and engaging, it's gotten too easy. They practically hand hold you through most of the game.

Remember recruitment in red/blue? It was actually a challenge that forced you to work for it. I can recall going back to recruit moltres about 20 times before he finally joined, and It was such a feeling of accomplishment.

What happened to the challenge of 99 floor dungeons? You had to prepare yourself for a long journey ahead. What about the one-room monster houses every 20 floors of silver trench? or the hours of searching for the SLIGHT chance mew would appear on the 36th floor of buried relic? What about the agonizing months of planning it took to get through purity forest and wish cave?

Honestly, it's not a bad game. but the mechanics have fallen short.

Best Gameplay: Red/Blue
Best Story: Sky = Darkness/Time
Best Customization =infinity.

Discuss.