Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[136 / 16 / ?]

No.12108485 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Stealth rock is unbalanced.

First of all lets discuss the obvious of how absurd it is that some pokemon can lose 50% of their health just from switching or being phazed in. People who play in higher tiers probably won't see this too much *because if a pokemon is 4x weak to stealth rock goddamn it better have some redeeming factors* Even 25% is a bit much for only one turn on setup.

Now, stealth rock does have checks and ways to get rid of it, right?

Well, no.

The best ways to remove/prevent stealth rock are with the following.

Taunt
Rapid spin
Magic bounce

Taunt goes first. Sounds like it would be nice, but stealth rock has such high distrobution that many offensive powerhouses could very easily be running it. How many of you want to taunt Tyranitar, Metagross, or to a lesser extent Heatran?

None?

That's what I thought.

Rapid spin comes next. Rapid spin removes ALL hazards, including leech seed and both spikes. Sounds good, right?

Well, if your opponent is feeling extra faggot today, not so good. Everyone knows what a spinblocker is (You know, because SR totally isn't so overcentralizing that there are whole strategies involving just keeping them on the field) Every rapid spinner I can think of bar Tentacruel is absurdly easy to wall and bulky ghosts just love an opportunity to set up a calm mind or something. All ot takes is retard levels of prediction.

"Hmmm he switched to his Armaldo while I had three layers of spikes and pebbles up. Gee I wonder what he has in his movepool."

Third, Magic Bounce. This is probably the only sure fire "counter" to stealth rock. Not only does it block it, but it sets it on your opponent's side of the field.

Three pokemon get it.

Fucking three.

One is NFE and the other one would be total shit if it weren't for magic bounce.

The fuck Gamefreak.