Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 4 / ?]

No.12285578 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I thought this was interesting and it blew my mind.

So, I'm pretty much sure that a large number of us here were familiar with the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga that Viz put out in the later 90's. And maybe a little smaller number than that know that it was heavily edited when it came over to NA from Japan. That's old news and has been for years at this point.

But what I -didn't- know was that, apparently, the magazine version of the same story, that is, when it was being serialized in Japan in Corocoro in the 90's, had even more sexual content than the volume versions put out in Japan that everyone knows of.

This picture shows just some of the changes but there's a few more involving Musashi and some trainer I don't recall seeing when I read the series in NA. In the magazine version there were a few pantyshots edited out of the tankoubon release and even skimpier/more sexualized outfits on some of the female characters.

This was a little wild for me, because of the fact that the volume version exists at all in its form and the age group that Pokemon is aimed towards. But then apparently the actual version that was serialized in Corocoro was even worse.

Here's the Japanese link with an in-depth overview and pictures of the other incidents. Pretty interesting if you can read Japanese.
http://back485956.blog52.fc2.com/blog-entry-287.html

Speaking of Japanese, the bit near the censored version of Kasumi in this image caught my eye because it contains the word pussy (まんこ) in Japanese. It's basically, I assume Ono the artist, complaining that it had to be censored for the volume release even though her nipples and pussy (ま○こ - censored) is hidden.

I wonder where this text came from and if it was in media aimed towards kids about him discussing the censorship of his panels, because he's speaking in very explicit terms, ahah.