Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[77 / 4 / ?]

No.12329355 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, fairy type. I imagine most are expecting it, and all power to them, it would be interesting to see a new type.

The only issue. What the hell is "fairy" type supposed to be?

Take a look at other types. We have much more definite types such as water or fire that describe the attributes of the pokemon, such as the case of fire of being being on fire, breathing fire or being made of fire, and in the case of water of being an aquatic organism, organism made of water(pokemon like tentacool, based on jellyfish, are made primarily of water) or are amphibious

Then you have non elemental types like bug which describe something as being, well, a bug, and the same line of thinking goes with dragon

Then we have more conceptual types like fighting or dark, which cant be described as "being" fighting or being dark, nor having fighting or dark elemental properties, rather these describe physical attributes, such as learned martial arts or streetsmarts/dirtyfighting, and possibly even a trickster figure in the case of absol and darkra(recall that dark type is called the aku, or "evil" type in japanese, which best translates in this case as dirty fighting)

So, in the case of fairy type, what exactly IS fairy type? Is it an elemental property? Is it something that describes the pokemon? Is it a physically learned skill?

At the moment, the best we have is "cutesy" pokemon and attacks that we would call fairy type, yet i feel like this line of thinking is backwards, and doesnt really set in stone what fairy type is supposed to mean. By the logic that its anything is cutesy, a massive chunk of the existing pokemon could be reclassified as such.

Im personally not a fan of the idea of fairy type being real at all, and I think any new type additions is seriously misguided considering the already chaotic type chart we have now, though im willing to have a change of heart if some one can make a decent argument in the case of fairy type.