Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[42 / 8 / ?]

No.12346367 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, /vp/, I know you guys are still frothing over what type Sylveon will be. But we’ve neglected a very important Pokemon – the other Eeveelution. GameFreak hasn’t released a single game with one without another. So what will it be? I’ve got an idea on what it is, but it’s based on Sylveon being Fairy, so if you are opposed to that, go to the three threads dedicated to bitching over it.

The last Eevee evo with a brand new type was Umbreon, in Gen II. It continued the trend of Eevee evos being Special typed, and worked as a foil to Espeon; Umbreon was immune to Espeon’s Psychic attacks, Umbreon was defensive while Espeon was offensive, Umbreon was night while Espeon was day, etc.

So the next hypothetical new type Eeveelution is Sylveon, Fairy Type. From what I’ve gathered, Fairy types are immune to Dragon types. Dragon is also the only formerly Special type to not be an Eevee; I can easily imagine Fairy type being set up as Specially-focused. Not only that, but they work as foils. Both are mythical creatures, Fairy being stereotypically ‘cute’ while Dragon being stereotypically ‘tough’.

If Sylveon is Fairy type, its counterpart will be Dragon type.

What do you guys think? What do you think the unrevealed Eeveelution will be?