Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[26 / 5 / ?]

No.12414389 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I bought and enjoyed Gates to Infinity quite a lot about a month ago and I was very surprised when they actually told a good story - the first good story the pokemon franchise that I had experienced.

I did see however that Explorers of Sky was apparently a lot better game, so I went out to buy it a few days ago, and I have been very disappointing so far. I miss the paradise feature, move leveling and especially companion mode - I'm forced to play as myself (chimchar) at ALL times unless such a feature gets introduced after the expedition, but it's already about 6 hours into the game by this point.

The story as well is drastically weaker so far, and instead of setting up a world with its problems and characters that get involved with me, I get a bitch of a partner and a bunch of walking punchlines that do nothing AKA The Wigglytuff Guild, and nothing of any relevance or interest has happened yet. I did however love Bidoof's Wish, and I really did end up caring for a pokemon I once didn't like. The soundtrack's also a bit weaker, but still very good.

The only upside I can see is the IQ system, and I'm interested on getting my pokemon new skills to help me through. I barely even noticed hunger, and as for the vastly higher pokemon count, I'll wait and see how it affects the rest of the game. Hasn't made a major difference by this point.

Please please PLEASE say it gets better /vp/...