Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 3 / ?]

No.12415356 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It's time for an unpopular opinion.

I don't mind Neo-Kanto. In fact, I liked it more than the Kanto from RGBY/FRLG. To me Kanto is Magnet Train, Janine, Blue as a GL, Misty with her hair down, Trainer House, Lavender Radio Tower, destroyed Cinnabar, closed Safari Zone, Mt. Moon Square and renovated Power Plant. This is how Kanto is inside my head.

And S.S. Aqua is superior than S.S. Anne in every way.

And I've got mixed feelings about the HGSS Kanto. They kept the best stuff intact, but many of the changes annoy me to no end. Rebuilding Cerulean Cave? Really, couldn't they find another way to catch Mewtwo (also, why kill the Berserk Gene)? Was it neccessary to shoehorn the birds into the game? They could already be caught in Platinum, so they were really uncalled for. Moltres pretty much ruined Mt. Silver to me and the Seafoam restoring was really annoying. Not only it added an uneccessary dungeon with an unneccessary legendary was added but also Route 20 is one-sided again. Absolutely disgusting. Also, who needs that PC next to Mt. Moon? It served a purpose in RGBY/FRLG, but now it's completely useless. Also, why the fuck does Mt. Moon use Union Cave/Ruins of Alph theme now? It makes no fuckin' sense.

I don't mind the things that were brand new - like the Pal Park, climbable Cinnabar Volcano or Steven in Silph. But most of those bringbacks (especially all those annoying dungeons) were really unneccessary and are a stepback in Kanto's development. I would really prefer if they left Neo-Kanto pretty much intact and compensated it with Sevii. But at the same time, they could have done much worse and do even more retcons, killing the best Kanto once forever.

NEO-KANTO IS BEST KANTO FAGGOTS

Any other Neo-Kantofags here?