Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 2 / ?]

No.12529546 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>hurr durr smogonfags
>hurr durr karenfags
They are not mutually exclusive. Let me explain something that nobody seems to get.

Playing for the sake of enjoyment, to get a filling video game experience (in-game) warrants using what you like best, because there is no burden on the player to achieve perfection. If you truly enjoy 1HKOing Steven's Aggron with a Choice Band shiny 252 attack adamant STAB earthquake more than 1HKOing it with your bro that you taught earthquake, then so be it, but that's illogical. One should Karenfag in-game.

Playing to win in a sand-box setting, where your opponent can and will use the best team conceivably possible, to participate in the metagame (competitive play) warrants using the best team possible. Now, if you don't think using exactly what Smogon tells you to is an enjoyable experience, but you think that the metagame is, then you can use what you want, as long as it's still a passable and well-rounded team wherein every pokemon has the best set and spread. If you truly enjoy using your bros and losing every single time, then so be it, but that's illogical. One should smogon-fag when playing competitively.

>tl;dr
Two different kinds of gameplay. Two different experiences. Your smogonfag vs karenfag paradigm is retarded--I use my bros to have fun playing the game and my best team to have fun winning. They're 2 different activities. Yugioh and the Pokemon TCG are 2 different activites, but I don't get butthurt when Blue Eyes White Dragon's attack points are higher than my Rayquaza card's HP or call somebody stupid because they like playing the one that I don't.