Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[97 / 20 / ?]

Some help in HG?

No.12687829 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm just playing HG for the first time and although I'm enjoying the game as a whole, I've run into some trouble.
So far all my guys have been pretty over leveled, I've played through so far with only needing 3-4 team members + an HM slave. But I'm on the Blackthorn Gym now and suddenly the gym leader has like level 38-40 dudes and I have nothing to counter them with.
The levels of everything seem to be all over the map. The wild Pokemon outside Blackthorn are around level 20-22, the previous gym in Mahogany had around level 25-30, and suddenly this gym has level 38 Pokemon.
I can't seem to find anything that would really help against this gym. I caught a Jynx and have been trying to raise it up the 20 levels it would take to be able to compete with this gym, but there's no trainers around with anything near my levels, and if I want an electric type to fight Gyarados, the closest thing I can find is Flaffy at like level 15.
Is there something I'm missing? So far the level distribution in HG has seemed really weird.