Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 3 / ?]

No.12697498 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It's times like this when it seems all around me everyone has played or is still playing pokemon I feel like I am the only person in the world who hasn't played pokemon.

Well, to clarify, not played in recent years. I mean I can see why people can still play pokemon to this day, no problem, but I just can never get the drive to play them any more.

I have yet to beat a single pokemon game as well. I still remember first playing pokemon yellow and give up then years later I would muster up the motivation and try my hand at pokemon emerald and give up just the same. All because I would always end up get stuck somewhere and it always seemed to be some impassable territory and that's what turned me off initially in the past and I could never manage to progress. No matter how many people I tried to talk to in game, it never seemed to help me. It would get to the point where I would just stop playing altogether.

So because of this negative experience in my childhood I never have the drive to play the new games anymore. There are times when I think to myself "Yeah, this is it, this will be the day when I will try and correct those mistakes" but each time I get a bad taste in my mouth when I find myself just grinding the same way I have always been only to get stuck so I would not try to progress for fear of the inevitable.

Now I feel I am left behind by decades worth of pokemon content as I see numerous friends and strangers alike discussing pokemon with so much knowledge and detail and I know very little of the subject and I would always be left out. So because of this, I would always get frustrated and be angry for the wrong reasons wondering why they could be so passionate about something still but in reality it is just jealousy turned into anger because I see people enjoying pokemon when I could not.