Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[71 / 3 / ?]

No.12768453 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright, there's something I've never understood. Most of /vp/ claims Hoenn fans are annoying because they always claim "Hoenn confirmed". However, I've never once seen a "Hoenn confirmed" thread in my 8 months of browsing this board. In fact, the only time I've ever seen the phrase or anything even similar to it used is when people are making fun of Hoenn fans. Another argument anti Hoenn people use is that Hoenn fans are the most vocal. This also goes against my observations as I've barely seen anyone claim Hoenn is their favorite region. I've seen anti- Hoenn people claim Hoenn was the worst selling gen, however the combined sales of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald is actually about 1.68 million more than that of Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 as shown here
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon

So my question is, what is /vp/'s real problem with Hoenn? Sure, there was a lot of water towards the end and the music wasn't all that good to some people, but every generation has it's downsides. For instance, I found Black and White to be extremely linear and much easier than the other generations. Also, as with every generation, some of the designs in B/W were God awful. But when people say gen 5 is their favorite they don't get harassed for it.