Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

No.12783436 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright.. I turned 30 today. Yes, its my birthday.

I have been playing since the original red/blue, but had a stent of ignoring it for years. I picked it back up years ago, with Black on a flash cart and a borrowed ds. Memories. So I bought my own ds, and a legit Heart Gold w pokewalker. Loved it so much that I started playing all over again. I bought Platinum next, and a legit copy of white....then a gameboy micro with Emerald and Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green because hey, gotta catch em all (still use flash cart for roms of ds games for trading).
I forgot how much fun I had playing these games, when I was in my mid-twenties. I just got comfortable with what I liked and stopped thinking it was for kids. My wife used to joke with me, asking if I had caught them all... I'm almost there!

I had originally collected all 150, on my Red cart, and sent it off to another state, to get Mew. I actually paid money to get Mew, off an ebay auction! I had 151 pokemon.
Thats right kids. I MAILED my treasured pokemon cart to someone I didnt know, in another state, to get a rare pokemon. Yes, Mew was clearly a hack, but I didnt care. Did you have the original Mew? No, I dont think you did.

Around the time that gold and silver came out, I was supposed to go on a hunting trip with my dad. But I stopped caring about hunting, so I played my game out in the woods, for three days. Outside, wearing full-on winter survival gear, a shotgun on my lap, and gameboy pocket in my hands. I had to wait for the sun... Loved the time feature then, too. "Nope, Dad...didnt see any deer today..."

As of right now, I am playing Emerald and Platinum, both on Victory Road, just leveling and accruing pokemon for my pokedex.

I was so excited when B/W2 were coming out...but I hate them. I beat the first gym and just stopped, because I dont care about it. I just dont like the characters at all.