Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 5 / ?]

No.12907433 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What.

The.

Heck.

Is.

That.

So, I don't know if you guys have seen, because I just found it by accident, but there's a strange amount of attention being given by Nintendo to the latest species, Honedge. And you know what it is? It's a frickin' sword. Their big new thing is a sword. A sword possessed by a ghost.

This is one of the things that has always bugged me about Pokemon, throughout all the generations. How does a dead human become a Pokemon? According to the incredibly flimsy laws of Pokemon nature, Pokemon are a unified species with a huge variety of sub-species, which is how we get frickin' 800 different ones to catch. Where, then, does a dead person come into play? Fun fact: it doesn't. It's just another example of the creators of Pokemon not giving any logic to their franchise and just making up whatever they want and calling it a Pokemon. If they were to actually stick to strict set of rules about what a Pokemon could and could not be, do you know how many we would have? Probably only like 500. But you know what? That's still a heck of a lot of Pokemon. And they would all look like they belong together under one name, instead of so many species getting the "Really? That's a thing?" response that Honedge is--or should be--getting. And you know what they could do with the hundreds of other designs that don't fit into the Pokemon world? They could start new franchises and make even more money by creating universes where possessed swords actually make sense. I really don't understand how so many intelligent minds lack common sense when it comes to these things. It really gets on my nerves.

The design of this swordamabob is really nothing special. It has a semblance of a face, some basic Celtic knotting, and a blue ribbon hand... thing... I don't... I don't even know what to do with this.

I'm not saying it's a terrible design or that it's a dumb idea. I'm just saying it's a terrible design and a dumb idea for Pokemon.