Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 5 / ?]

No.12915449 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You know, /vp/, next week will mark ten years that I've been playing Pokemon. My first game was Pokemon Ruby Version, which I received along with a Gameboy Advanced as I turned eight.

Since then, I've played at least one game from each generation. Pokemon is awesome, and I'm ecstatic for X and Y. I might not have the same kind of nostalgia many players have that have played since Red and Blue, but the thing that has me excited for X and Y is just that: Nostalgia.

What I knew from Pokemon when I began was what little I saw from over my friend's shoulders at recess, and I was intrigued. I wanted to play too. So I did. And it was great training and getting badges, even if I was bad at it. It was fun. My level 100 all HM Swampert was awesome, even if he wasn't powerful. You can't say he was ugly, though, because I won every beauty contest and got that damn picture in the museum.

Despite all the spoilers, I'm absolutely certain X and Y will be full of amazement and discovery for me, just like then years ago.